Sunday, April 29, 2012

Three more on tap at the ORCBAR...

And so my blog continues with more classic book and records!  These three really have some great musical moments. The fact that we are told nothing of the talented people who voiced and played on these records amazes me. I hope, at least, they were compensated handsomely.

All three of these books have the same back cover:  (the one pictured is from Hansel and Gretel- it's the only one with a barcode)




































No credits whatsoever for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I love the tunes on this one. The clarinet is so wonderful. And when the queen dresses up like an "old woman"...what? she just puts a flowy purple and red cape on. I didn't buy it. She did not disguise her face. Snow White had it comin'.

Hansel and Gretel is the first record I have with a confirmed date on it.  The title page reads "1971 Ambassador Record Corporation Made and Printed in U.S.A."  There is a date of "11-71" etched onto the record.  You can also see the artist's signature on some of the pages: "Walton". I could be wrong, but it sounds like the *first* narrator- the one who says "Hello Girls and Boys, I'm your Peter Pan storyteller..."etc. is Bob Newhart.  Hey- it *could* be!  How would anyone know?

Alice in Wonderland has an even more specific date etched in the record: "12-3-71".  The same artist, "Walton" left a signature on two of the pages. As a child, I never liked the page of Alice's face with all the playing cards attacking it! That used to freak me out to no end.

So, grab a cup o' joe this fine Sunday morning, and watch some classic book and records!

Alice in Wonderland

Hansel and Gretel

Snow White

Coming soon...Peter Rabbit and Thumbelina

No comments:

Post a Comment